Monday, September 18, 2006

Not Bad For A Monday...

We started our ProTools training today. Tons of great information, connecting the dots regarding equipment I've worked with but never really understood what it was doing (or how), as well as gear that I've always wanted to try. Tomorrow begins lots of hands-on time in the studios, so that's really cool, too!

We were handed a daunting assignment today: design an entire studio retro-fit with ProTools equipment, including writing up a bid with all equipment, diagramming the install, and writing a detailed essay stating why each piece of gear was chosen. (There's LOTS more to the assignment than this, but that's the basic concept.) I'm really excited to think that three weeks from now, I will have accomplished this.

Also, I got my test back much earlier than I was told to expect it. My grade was 98.36% - much better than I expected. Yay!

Alrighty, back to studying...