Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Another Boring Update

Big excitement today: I opened a checking account... AND the gas company came out to put the meter in my name! Woo hoo!

I also took Dakota for a nice long walk around my apartment complex this afternoon.



(Actually, this picture is pretty deceiving. The angle makes the little pond look like a huge lake.) Overall, the place is landscaped like a park, with tons of grass and trees. I'll have to take some photos soon to show you.

On the slightly more interesting side of things, I had a really good time of fellowship with the lead pastor of The Pointe, a church here in town that meets in a movie theater. We spent a couple hours together, and he seems like a really nice guy. I promised to visit on Sunday, so I'll give you the update soon after.

Fort Wayne does have a lot of churches (it's known as "The City of Churches"). And it's got a lot of restaurants (more than 300!), parks, and festivals, too. But one thing is noticeably missing: hugs. Haven't been able to find a hug in town since my sister left. They've gotta be around here somewhere...