Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Start

Yesterday, I got up at 5am (new daily schedule), lifted weights (thanks for not buying my rack, everybody), and then started my new job.

What can I say but, "Wow."

I've never worked for an organization even close to this one. The training is top-notch, comprehensive, intensive, and long (13 weeks). All the company systems in place are custom-designed, well thought out, and always evolving for the better. The people are hand-picked and high-quality.

It has been a rare occasion that I meet someone with similar drive and approach. And only once in awhile do I encounter a person who inspires me with their work ethic. However, the owner of this company leaves me in the dust (that's not an exaggeration, either. If anything, it's a gross understatement). An old boss of mine once said I was a "Renaissance man." Sorry, Bill, but yesterday I encountered the real definition of that phrase.

This morning, I went for a dark 5am run with Dakota in the mist, which turned into a wonderful rain about 5:30. I've never run in the rain before... it was beautiful and refreshing.

As a heads-up, my new work schedule is going to severely limit my ability to return phone calls and e-mails with any sort of length or regularity. Rest assured, I AM reading everything, and thankful for the voice mails, e-mails, and letters.

And special thanks to Mike for the good Word:

The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. (Lam. 3:22-23)