Friday, September 22, 2006

Good And Perfect Gifts

Today, we had a four-hour training on digital audio workstations by Mark of the Unicorn's "Magic" Dave Roberts. I learned a TON.



He's gonna mail me a copy of Digital Performer, MOTU's $800 challenger to Digidesign's Pro Tools. It's not the "industry standard" that Pro Tools is, but it's got a way more flexible interface, and looks like it could easily become my most-used digital audio workstation software, since it doesn't require being hooked up to any hardware in order to run (my only current complaint against Pro Tools).

But I imagine most of you aren't logging onto my blog to hear about my music technology adventures and ever-increasing library of cool free stuff...

Speaking of cool stuff, I wanted to extend a huge "thank you" to those of you who are mailing me cards and gifts. Just today, I got some Eileen's Colossal Cookies and an awesome item from my wishlist. Thanks SO much!

Please continue to pray for me, especially in the areas of my study workload, and my house selling.

Above all, don't forget what I told you for years: "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." (James 1:17)