Sunday, November 12, 2006

Weekends End And Weeks Begin

Chelsea's plane was almost six hours late leaving Chicago, but she and Shiloh did finally make it to Fort Wayne at 12:30am Saturday.

It was wonderful to have such quality time, and I'm feeling a bit melancholy as I realize they'll be leaving tomorrow morning. How long until I see them again? Or any other loved friends and family?

At the same time, I'm rapidly getting sick for the first time in Indiana. My throat is on fire and getting worse by the hour. I can tell this isn't going to be pretty...

My third trimester of training starts tomorrow morning as well. Just three weeks left now.

This morning in church, Pastor Ken was talking about the nightmare of change, and reminded us of the future and hope that God has planned for us, even when we're frightened of change.

I've been dwelling for weeks on the fact that, for me, there are so many endings in the rear view mirror, and so many new beginnings on the horizon. It's painful and hopeful all at the same time. But as they say, "It's all good."

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28