Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mud, Messes, and Messages

Golly, the more I post, the more people want me to post!

Today is mud day. "Mud" refers to drywall joint compound. You put it on, wait for it to dry, sand it flat (making a huge dusty mess), and then do it again a time or two. Once it's all perfectly smooth and beautiful, you splatter more mud on it for texture (yeah, it seems silly to me too, but if you don't make it smooth first, it looks really bad when you make it messy). There are different ways to texture, and I haven't figured out which method I'm gonna use yet. But regardless, it should be done today, even if it's a late night (every night is a late night now).

In the meantime, it's also garage-clearing day. I've already filled a dumpster to overflowing, and have at least 1 1/2 more loads to go. Here's a life lesson for ya: throw away, sell, or give away anything you haven't used or looked at for three years. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

Also, this recent discussion about friendships has provoked a large number of "you never called or e-mailed me" messages. Please understand that I have been incredibly swamped and have not been able to respond to messages the way I was able to when I was in ministry. Though I have read and listened to every one of them, I just can't respond to most of them. I've even had to be short with people who just drop by, because I just don't have the time to visit.

So don't feel ignorned or insulted, okay? I've gotta be ready to pack by next Wednesday, and the to-do list is very, very long.