Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Unbelieve-a-barf

I used to find comfort in routine. I'd often end up ordering the same thing at each restaurant to which I'd go. Pollo con Crema at Guadalajara, Carne Asada at La Costa... and at Subway, it was a 6" Turkey Breast on wheat, no cheese, toasted.

But as my blog entry entitled "Chicken Jerky" indicated last month, I've been shaking things up a bit - trying new things, pushing the envelope.

Tonight, after work, I drove through a local burger joint, a chain called Rally's Hamburgers (you might also know them as "Checkers"). I haven't eaten there much, because it's pretty greasy stuff. But for some reason that's where I ended up tonight.

I saw a sign advertising their new Unbeliev-a-burgers. They looked pretty good. And since I'm avoiding routine, I thought I'd be adventurous and try the one I wouldn't normally get: the Mushroom Swiss burger.

At first bite, I knew it was a mistake.

Oh my gosh, this thing was gross. I can't even describe it. I mean, the burgers are greasy enough - the paper wrapping them glistens with oil, soaking itself within moments. But then there were slimy sliced mushrooms marinated in some foul concoction, permeating the entire sandwich with their rank taste and smell. Oh, I did not feel good.

To give you an idea of just how repugnant it was, I just realized as I'm sitting here that the residue left behind on my hand smells like a dog peed on it. Ugh. I've gotta go wash.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Ron, let me just say that anytime you pay 99 cents for a burger, watch out! Ever heard of the chain White Castle? They used to have these rat burgers... nasty.

Been praying for you, and will continue to do so. I continue to be blessed by your online teachings. Just finishing Revelation with you.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha thats pretty funny stuff well not for you. and thank you for going into such detail, i feel as if i must wash my hands now haha
-christian c.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home