Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Comic Marvel

Ever since I was a kid, I enjoyed both comic books and drawing. Naturally, I thought it would be a pretty simple thing to combine those two loves into the ability to create my own comics.

Whoa. Easier said than done. Every foray into creative comic making was difficult, pitiful, or both.

Eventually, I broke down and bought this book:



While it certainly gave me an appreciation for what goes into the composition of comics pages and the creation of characters, it didn't help me actually make anything.

But lo and behold, tonight I discovered Plasq's Comic Life 1.2 on my Mac.

As soon as I fired it up, I loved the interface. Learning curve? Ha! Zero. Inside of three minutes, I'd made this:



Yeah, it's not exactly a creative, award-winning piece, but you get the idea. If you've got a Mac, check it out for yourself.