Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dakota Dangerously Diseased

It's an unusually lonely evening here in the apartment. You see, Dakota is spending the night at the vet's because he has some weird fast-growing masses propagating in his nose/muzzle region. They are very likely cancerous. I sure hope they're not, but hoping doesn't do much in determining doggy doctor diagnoses. I'm steeling myself to hear the worst.

The really stinky thing is that I just got him back three weeks ago. And he's been so good! Not a single accident in the house, and because I brush him every day now, the hair isn't nightmarish like it was before.

It'll be two weeks to get the biopsy results back. At the rate these are growing, I can't imagine having to wait. I'll most likely be spoiling him in the meantime - lavishing him with hugs and attention, letting him sleep on the bed, catering to his every whim... Hey, wait a minute! I ALREADY do that! He's got a pretty good racket going here!'

But no sense focusing on depressing thoughts. He's been so great for me at key times in my life when it really mattered. So I think I'll make a montage of him looking his most majestic...

(ten minute span of time)

And here you go!

4 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha look @ that tongue!!

How did ya get that shot? Perfect.

My Siberian has something going on with her nose too. We took her to see Doc Norwood & he is treating it with a cream but, it isint going away. Poor girl constantly rubs her nose & snout in the grass for relief.

Pets are like family to us, so we feel your concern.

N>B>L>F>Y> bro!

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. I think that's it so like God to bring Dakota back to you in what God knew was going to be is his greatest time of need. You're the one who knows him best and loves him the most. We're praying for him.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We also had a dog that had some weird looking growths on his paw and around his eyes. They looked cancerous to me and grew very fast. They turned out to be NON cancerous. Some kind of rapidly growing cyst I think it turned out to be. We had them surgically removed and by the grace of God, they never returned again. It's been over two years now, so we are very thankful. I hope Dakota gets better quickly, and I thought my experience might ease some of your worry. We will be praying for you and Dakota.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Dakota. The Malamutt has what Dr Norwood calls "collie nose", looks cracked and sore but vitamins and cream help it. Guess these northern breeds need icy weather :( You know we love you both, and so does our Lord, and I agree that if it IS serious, Dakota couldn't be with anyone better. Love and prayers, CLK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home