Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Dad Update

For the bunches of you that have asked, yes, my dad is doing lots better, thanks.

Yesterday, he excitedly asked if Lindsey (my girlfriend) and I noticed what was missing from his room... It was his wheelchair. "They gave me my pilot's license," he boasted, sitting in his four-legged chair.

Yes, therapy has done him wonders, as have nearly two months of no smoking or drinking. He's tooling along fine - mostly with the walker, but also without.

He has no computer or internet access in the nursing home (and his Bresnan email address is now defunct), so you're stuck writing cards and letters the old fashioned way. Send them to my address for now:
4680 Craftsbury Cir Apt B
Fort Wayne, IN 46818
His writing, while much improved, is pretty bad still, so don't be offended if he doesn't write back.

Also, I snapped a picture of him yesterday for you all. Sorry that the image quality looks like I've placed him in a Russian orphanage...



Thanks for your prayers!

2 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron,
I'm so glad everything is going so well. He looks like he is doing very good. what a blessing!!!

J.O.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Lord!!

Nuthin but love bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home