Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Artful Dodger

I've been creating a lot of art of late.

And it has been very literally of late. Usually in the wee hours of the morning, when I should be sleeping. But a person's gotta take free time when they can find it, right?

Most people know I am an incessant sketcher of random biomorphic oddities - like this drawing entitled "Run Away". (One of my coworkers suggested it be called "Ziggy Breakdancing".)



In addition, I recently picked up a "tribal" black and white style, producing such varied pieces as...


..."Great White Stalker",


..."Scorpion Tree",


..."Eyes in the Jungle", and...


..."Tribal Phoenix".

And today I was delighted to discover that (on his third attempt) the UPS man had finally delivered my new Wacom Intuos tablet. I've been craving one of these for years - ever since I discovered a designer I admire greatly uses one daily.

Sure enough, the thing wasn't two minutes out of the box before I began creating. (I haven't even loaded the control software yet. I bet that does cool stuff, but I was immediately distracted.)

My first tablet creation is entitled "Horses and Dragons".



It's hard to appreciate it all shrunken down like this. In reality, it's 300 dpi at 8" x 10". Here's a closer look:



Anyway, there's a glimpse into what's been keeping me from responding to emails (and from doing the dishes). I don't know how other people survive without creating art, photography, music, and writing, but I would certainly explode if I didn't.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your last two pic's looked like what my neurologist was explaining to me when we were looking at pictures of my brain.

Nice art work Ron. I wish I had just a few of your many talents God has granted you. Well... I have one for sure. I know how to pray & I do that pretty good.

N>B>L>F>Y> Bro!

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tribal stuff would make a great set of tattoos.

Shaun

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Terry said...

Ron-I'm sure that those of you who have the gift to draw wonder why the rest of us can't. We who don't have the gift wonder how those who do have the gift do it. Just had to say that!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home