Sunday, January 27, 2008

Anagram I Am

Okay, so maybe anagrams are a little "old school" compared with some of the more exciting time wasters to be found on the internet. But I think they can be a little revealing as well. Today, I rearranged the letters in "Ron Daniel" and found enough combinations to warrant a top ten list. Feel free to do the same for yourself and post them in the comments. (Or email them to me, if they're personal or embarassing.)

1) "RAD Online" - This could be a commentary on my cool internet presence, or simply say that I'm on the web too much. (RAD happens to be my initials.)

2) "Alone Rind" - I think this is a great way to describe me when I'm having a pity party about 99% of the people from my life less than two years ago completely abandoning me. I'm like an orange peel thrown in the trash.

3) "Din Loaner" - A great description of my job selling loud PA equipment, some of which mysteriously gets returned right after the customer's big show.

4) "A Rod Linen" - Just reminds me that every time Lindsey comes over, she tells me I need to buy curtains. Most of my windows are bare.

5) "Noel I Darn" - Most people know that I don't like Christmas very much, for a lot of reasons.

6) "Liar No End" - After I left the ministry, some people delighted in trashing my character, portraying me as devoid of any truthfulness.

7) "An ID Loaner" - This doesn't really mean anything. But it helps fill up the list.

8) "Ran Deli? No." - Proof that I've never owned a restaurant.

9) "Ron Denial" - Until this very moment, I never realized you can swap the first and last vowels of "Daniel" to form "denial." And this also reminded me that my first stage name was "Ronny Devious".

10) "Road Linen" - You know how moms are supposed to say "Always wear clean underwear in case you're in a car accident"? Mine never did. Fortunately, so far no paramedic has ever seen my unmentionables.

10 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried to email to ron@rondaniel.com, was returned, what am I missing?
Darci

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, at leat ya have the faithful 1% How do you give up on a guy that gave such Godly counsel over the years?

Nice pics below. I was supposed to go flying saturday with a pilot buddy of mine, but his bride got called in to work, so he had to sit with the kids.

We are going to try again this Saturday. I'm going to take some aerial photos of the house & property. I'm still hoping I can sell it before the bank gets ancy.

N>B>L>F>Y> bro

yeah, there is a prayer to add. Lord bring me a qualified buyer.

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Ron, most of the church was completely flabbergasted when you left. We knew nothing of your troubles and we surely didn't abandon you. It felt more like you abandoned us. You could have taken a hiatus and come back as pastor. After Judy got married it was pretty obvious who ruined the marriage. I mean, she barely knew the guy and she's already marrying him?? WTF? Anyway, the pity party is getting old. Nobody forced you to leave and even though Shawn is a great replacement, I'm not sure your leaving was his will for you or us.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Ron Daniel said...

You could have taken a hiatus and come back as pastor
I offered that - the local leadership rejected it (against the counsel of the national leadership). I'm not saying they were wrong in their decision - just that you are wrong in your assessment.

After Judy got married it was pretty obvious who ruined the marriage.
That's an incredibly shallow judgment. You have no idea what all went into destroying the marriage from either side. And condemning someone as a person for what they do during the worst turmoil of their lives says more about your character than theirs.

the pity party is getting old
At least I have the guts to put my feelings out there without being anonymous. And by the way, how many "pity party" statements have you seen from me in the past several months? Why do you bother reading this blog anyway? Just to find fault? My friends have the right to be jerks to me and still get my love. Anonymous people who make jerkish statements are just jerks.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen

I could learn a lot from that assesment. Makes me realize I need to be in prayer more. Not knee jerk reaction when falsly accused.

Good job. Thanks again for sharing your wise counsel.

N>B>L>F>Y bro!

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you bother reading this blog anyway? Just to find fault?

Nope...I read it because your were our pastor and I thought you got screwed and I wanted to keep track of to see how you were doing. But to be honest, you're acting like a child throwing a tantrum. You were a heck of a pastor, truly gifted to teach, not afraid to speak the truth, a man who turned his life 180 degrees, used his music for God, filled the pews, oversaw the building the the new church house, and put up with outsiders condemning you. You were a Warrior! We always wanted to hang out with you and Judy but we had nothing in common and so many people wanted a piece of you. So we just held back.
But now, from what little you write...I don't see that man anymore, and I guess that makes me mad. Yeah, I post anonymously. So what? You probably wouldn't remember me if I did post my name.

Sorry if I offended you. I won't post again.

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby , just try to ignore them:(
This was supposed to be a happy blog.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Ron Daniel said...

Can't imagine who would call me baby... I guess posting anonymously isn't ALWAYS bad, lol.

It's people like the fault-finder above who helped turn the ministry from a labor of love into a tiresome burden. (Uh oh... I said something negative and revealed my true emotions... there I go acting like a child throwing a tantrum again... Bah! I disregard their insult and the gross inaccuracy of the metaphor.)

By hiding in darkness, the accuser gives the impression that he is a multitude. But let him be anonymous no more. From this day forth, I shall call him Eliphaz.

I was Eliphaz's pastor? I doubt it. He clearly never learned a thing from me about grace, judgment, accusation, mercy, love covering a multitude of sin, weeping with those who weep, comforting the brethren, or just plain Christian love.

There were many who only loved the teachings where I wielded the axe of painful truth, squirming with delight as they prayed, "I thank Thee that I am not as the sinners seated about me." I have a sneaking suspicion that Eliphaz might have been one of those.

I pray that his mean-spirited Christianity will someday disappear, as he learns what the love of Christ truly is. For Christ heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. To the suffering He never says, "You're just being a baby! Grow up! Get over it!" For a bruised reed He will not break and a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish. He says, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart."

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Shaun Sells said...

Galatians 5:14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”
Galatians 5:15 But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ron trying to get you up to 2%, we are a family of 5 and we all love you and miss you. Your brother in Christ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home