Saturday, December 01, 2007

Unearthing The Princess

No, I still haven't posted "Christmas For A Dragon"...

...but I was thinking that there are quite a few songs floating around the studio here that may never be finished for a variety of reasons. Songs on paper, some in the PDA, many recorded in scratch tracks, and lots in various stages of production.

Songwriters labor over these small creations, only to leave most of them forgotten. Like long-abandoned monuments, some represent a past perspective, others point to a future which will never be. Others don't seem genuine and simply vanish. For most of us, a lot of what we write is quite frankly a few good ideas sandwiched in between really bad parts.

Anyway, I uncovered one searching the hard drives the other day, and figured that it's probably about as far along as I'll ever take it, at least for a good long time. It's presentable enough as a rough demo, and since I get prodded for new music somewhat regularly, I figured this would appease for the time being.

"Princess" is posted on both of my MySpace profiles. Feel free to check it out.

(Oh, and by coincidence, it does mention a dragon. The dragon of time.)

5 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro,

That is really good. Man, God has given you so many talents. My wife and daughters have wonder voices but I really cant sing. Bro that is a really nice song. I wish I could sing & play like you. I have so many songs written for my family but could never sing or play them for them.

I'm touched. I dont have a song on my myspace, I'm putting this on.

GREAT SONG!!! Yes!!

N>B>L>F>Y>Bro.

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro,

I just listened to it again. I'm thinking what does this sound like?

It's got that Bon Jovi "Cowboy" or "These 5 words I swear to you" coarse edgy sound. Is that offensive? I hope not, I dig it. Time to put together a CD. Plain & simple.

N>B>L>F>Y>Bro

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soulful... Sexy... Definately a cranker!!

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a Guns n Roses ballad with RUSH lyrics (remeber Bytor and the Snowdog).

(That is a compliment, in case anyone was confused).

Shaun

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaun knows who RUSH is?!?!

I thought he was a good O'l country & gospel guy.

:> )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home