Thursday, December 13, 2007

Just Like Home

Until I moved to Fort Wayne, I'd never heard of Bob Evans. When my sister and I were moving me in last year, we saw a few of their plain buildings and signs and assumed it was an insurance company.

As it turns out, it's a chain of 579 restaurants scattered around the eastern half of the United States (they also own Mimis Cafe).

Based on their commercials, I've had the impression that it's one of those "family restaurant for old people" kind of places, like Cracker Barrel. As a result, I've never had any interest in going.

Well, the other night driving home from Indianapolis, I figured, "Why not give it a try?" All my presuppositions were right. The menu was exactly what I expected that the over-55 crowd wants - mashed potatoes and gravy, just like you get at home.

But what I didn't expect was for the home-like atmosphere to permeate into the rest rooms. Apparently, at Bob Evans they expect you to clean the bathroom, just like you do at home. They even leave the supplies in there for you...


No one says "clean it yourself" like Bob Evans.

3 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Terry said...

Now Ron-Take it easy on us over 55as we might have to take out our dentures and gum that mashed potatoes and gravy statement. Ha!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger mike macon said...

I like Bob Evans. It's nutritious, and stays crunchy in milk.

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was forced to take a field trip to Bob Evans in the 5th grade. One in which I got to see the buckets o' slop that your food is made from - appetizing. I have never set foot in one since. Groddy, Ron. Don't eat that crap! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home