Tuesday, February 06, 2007

See You Soon, Aleczander



Aww, my little man... I was already missing you and wondering if I'd ever get back to Cheyenne to see your family again. Now you've gone and made me wait even longer. I guess I can wait until heaven, since you haven't left me any other choice now...

I don't know why I feel so horrible inside - after all, you don't. Running around for the first time in your life, your lungs filling with the sweet air of glory, your muscles strong... no more chair, no more oxygen tank, no more cramping...

I know you're going to meet Dr. Luke pretty soon, if you haven't already. The first physician who won't be able to find anything wrong with you. Tell him not to bother. Arm wrestle him instead.

So, if you're so happy, why are so many of us crying? You'd be able to explain it to me, since you're not only talking now, but you've seen God face to face. You know fully, in the same way He's always fully known you. You've become like Him, because you've seen Him just as He is. Aww, dude... you have no idea how much I want to talk with you.

And I have to ask: Are you laughing out loud when Jesus teaches, the same way you did for me? Man, I hope so.

So should I say, "So long" or "See you soon"? Since both are true, maybe I'll just leave you with, "Have fun, Alec... It's about time."

6 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Terry said...

This is so sad and yet very good for Aleczander. He is as you said, with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is now in Heaven waiting for the rest of Gods family. What a wonderful reunion it will be for all of us who have lost earthly family.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron, my dear brother. I love you. My faimly loves you, and Zander so loved you.

You make me weep with the love & kindness you show for my son. Thank you.

I just came back from seeing our little champ, our perfect Boo. God I so needed that. Just one more belly laugh from him would sooth my spirit.

My head spins & my heart aches for him, but my HOPE is for a quick reunion. I have to stand on that hope & be stead fast in it. I must have a heart & live a life that guarantees that reunion.

Thank you for the wise counsel over the years. If it wasn't for that, tomorrow would be too difficult to face.

The next few days will prove to be our toughest, but what you have taught us about our Jesus will pull us through.

I know folks keep up with you so this will be an opportunity to inform them of when we will celebrate Aleczanders life.

Services will be held on Febuary 8th @ 3:00 pm @ Calvary Chapel Cheyenne.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share on your forum.

Nuthin but love for ya bro,

Shane Ledney

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron -

This blog post was perfect. Thank you. Shane and I had a laugh today as I read this at his house and thought about Alec laughing out loud when Jesus teaches.

"Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances."
Proverbs 25:11

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Melinda Dorman said...

Ron, I don't know you very well and didn't know Aleczander at all, but as a sister in Christ, I can mourn for the family and rejoice for Aleczander.

You have obviously made an amazing impact on the world, don't forget that. Jesus working through you, I know, but you have allowed him to.

Thanks for sharing such a lovely tribute to an obviously very special young man.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Emmett Greider said...

That was beautiful! Great post.

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like my pastor, Dave Pierce, used to say, "why do we celebrate when a little sinner is born into this world, but cry when a saint goes into the presence of the Lord?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home