Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Facial Follow-Up

Over the past few days we've gotten much disgusting detail on Ariel Sharon's surgeries and his every movement. It's got me thinking that being a celebrity largely stinks. After all, the more anonymous you are, the less likely the New York Times is going to be interested in your hemmorhoid surgery, right?

But, it seems, none of us mind *looking* like celebrities. We like to say, "Some people think I look like this person," in hopes that someone else will say, "Yes, I agree! You look like a cross between George Clooney and Russell Crowe!" For all I know, maybe that was the subconscious reason for my previous blog entry.

I was certainly rewarded with the anonymous stunner, "I seriously think that you look like Kiefer Sutherland. I have always thought so." That one really made my day.

But... Just in case you thought that my subliminal motivation was pride, I felt the need for a follow-up. One which would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is nothing but humility left in my construct.

One of the comments to my last blog entry was submitted by an anonymous woman. She wrote, "Since the mid-80's til today I've been told I look like Princess Sarah Ferguson (a.k.a. Fergie)." She also bears a resemblance to Gillian Anderson and Sharon Tate. Truly, she must be a strikingly beautiful person.

But for a man to be compared to any of these women might be less impressive, wouldn't you say?

So, it's pride-killing confession time. Long before anyone ever compared me to Kiefer, I had hair that was, shall we say, "Voluminous." And the only celebrity I was ever compared to in those days (and believe me, it was a VERY frequent comparison) was...

You guessed it...

Fergie.



Thank you, anonymous submitter, for dredging up such a humbling memory. I can only hope that your current womanly beauty outshines my own from 1989.

5 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to go back to that look

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Okay, You look way more like Fergie than I EVER did (barring the facial hair, of course). BTW, I had your exact hair-do back then as well. I think just may be my long-lost twin brother or something. :)

Seriously, though when I first started attending Calvary Chapel I too thought you had a strong resemblance to Keifer. However, your "serious" photo in the "About Me" section of your blog has me thinking you look a little like David Caruso or a young version of William H. Macy.

How funny this celebrity look-alike business is. Thanks again.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Michael Byrd said...

Ron, so what am I to think of you now...? You've totally blown the 'put-on-the-pinnicle' pastor-praise that I was 'once' raised to believe... LOL!

I agree with a previous post... you should go back to the look...

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...I am the one who sent you the comment about you looking like Kiefer. My step-daughter also agrees.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger mike macon said...

(in a pirate voice)... Arrr, arrr, arrrrrrrr... ;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home