Saturday, June 17, 2006

If You Can't Find It, Make It

Hi all...

Thanks for continuing to check in on me and to offer your support!

For almost the last three weeks, I have been looking for the "ideal" job in creative services, graphic design and marketing. But then I began to wonder if this job even exists in Cheyenne. To be honest, it's been hard to find that job in any market.

So, I decided to just create this job myself! And lo and behold, no sooner had I made that decision when I suddenly had my first contract!

So basically, I'm a freelancer now. Not just graphic design, but all forms of creative marketing and consultation. I will be doing everything from designing CD covers for record companies to working with large organizations to better communicate their structure to their employees and their products to their customers. I'm set up to make a logo for your small at-home business, or present an entire marketing strategy to your established company. I'll be working on such varied things as writing magazine articles and radio jingles, to creating web sites and catalogs.

While this really does seem to be an ideal career situation for me, one of the best things about it is that it enables me to keep completely open and available for any open doors in ministry which may present themselves in Cheyenne in the future.

Speaking of which, I do have every intention of continuing my online Acts study. The notes for Acts 13:13-51 should be posted very late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Also, I will soon begin working on finishing up the book of Isaiah for you as well.

And in the meantime, may the Lord bless you and keep you. May He cause His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you the peace that comes from knowing Him and His grace today.

Amen? Amen.