Sunday, December 21, 2008

Normally I Like Ice

Thursday night we were told to expect a pretty brutal ice storm. I awoke Friday morning to a beautiful sight - snow on the ground, and everything covered in a half inch of ice.



But when I looked out another window, I saw that my trees had all been devastated by the extra weight.








Last night, the wind kicked up and even more limbs have been breaking. It's pretty sad watching my only serene place being injured and disfigured like this. So much so that I'm tempted to go out and babysit what remains, keeping watch over the few branches left unbroken. But it's 1°F outside. And were I to act on instinct, I imagine I'd eventually be found like good ol' Jack Torrance...

2 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, how did your trees end up after the ice melted? Are they all mangled and stunted, or will they recover?

- AD(S)

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Koda's butt looks cold. You should warm it for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home