Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Thinking Ahead

My plan to record a CD of instrumental Christmas music is so far working wonderfully. Nine and a half of the twelve songs are down on tape (actually, on hard drive).

But as a result, I'm thinking about Christmas in October. This is kind of a flashback to my days of having jobs like t-shirt artist, advertising designer, and newspaper editor. When playing those roles, I was producing materials months ahead. (Incidentally, models do not enjoy photo shoots in the heat of summer when they're wearing sweaters and gloves.)

But much to my chagrin, this trait has not rubbed off on me personally. I simply never plan ahead. I can't think of a time standing at the airport rental car counter when I did not have to report, "No, I do not have a reservation." Rarely has the electricity gone off and there were living batteries in the flashlight. And I usually find out on Saturday night that daylight savings time has come upon us again.

Prov. 6:6-9 Go to the ant, O sluggard, observe her ways and be wise, which, having no chief, officer or ruler, prepares her food in the summer and gathers her provision in the harvest.

But what's been great is that in the course of pondering this terrible shortcoming of mine, I actually thought of several things that normally would have been forgotten until the last minute, if remembered at all. And in doing so, I acted upon them! By considering my deficiency, I improved myself!

In this age when it's not good for people's "self-esteem" to point out their faults, I wonder how we're ever going to get any better? I want to know my faults. It's how I improve.

Matt. 18:15 If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother.

Of course, don't feel obligated to tell me all of them at once...

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please call me 307- 286-7426 I dare you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home